I have been using Twitter for a few years now, so that experience was nothing new to me. However, I have never followed an account that has to do with environmental issues. It came as no surprise to me that our world is not-so-slowly and steadily becoming crippled. While, yes, there have been a number of amazing technological innovations and medical advancements, very little attention has been geared toward keeping our planet from imploding.
With regards to coral reefs (which is the sustainability issue that I have previously blogged about), they are continuously being degraded. Increased acidity and increased temperatures are proving to be quite fatal for the under-sea world. Tons of marine species are becoming extinct and it's almost all completely because of human beings.
Google Alerts was a new experience for me. I have never used that program before but in class on Monday, I created a Google Alert for the Chick-fil-A anti-gay ordeal to keep up with how disgustingly homophobic they are and to remind myself never to eat there again! And I created a Google Alert for the Costa Concordia shipwreck. Receiving Google Alerts via email is great because I check my email all the time, so staying up to date on interesting topics is no longer an issue for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment