Monday, March 26, 2012
Response to Indigenous Resistance
In my opinion, I think it was really presumptuous and unjustified for countries to try to get rid of indigenous roots. I believe that it has been extremely costly for cultural and historical purposes because now we know very little about those cultures and there's no way to bring them back. Using schools as a mechanism to weed out the indigenous culture is extremely manipulative. No one should be using children as leverage in any way. Trying to civilize indigenous populations was unjustified. Who is America and who is Britain to say that they can't do what they want to do and live the life they want to live. I know that sounds clicheed, but we wouldn't want some country to completely change our lifestyle and negate everything we've learned growing up. There was no reason for America and Britain to do that to the Aboriginal people in their regions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment